2.25.2008

Proverbs 5:22-23

The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him; the cords of his sin hold him fast. He will die for lack of discipline, led astray by his own folly.

I wasn't at all shocked by the first part of this and admittedly had no problem setting them aside because surely I am not considered "wicked". It was the second part of this that struck me. He will die for lack of discipline. In a previous post today I admitted my problem with sticking with something even if it was working. I'm guessing that is why this struck me as it did. Could that lack of discipline in my life truly lead me astray and cause me death? It is, of course, lack of discipline that allows me to fall into sin as much as I do. It is that same lack of discipline that has me conquering the same things over and over again and then once again letting them overtake me. Consistency is so hard to maintain yet it is vital and speaks volumes as to our own self-discipline. This is something I am becoming increasingly aware of especially as my children grow. Oh, how I pray I am able to conquer this particular issue through the grace and the mercy and the power of God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home