2.15.2008

Psalm 34:1-5

I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice
Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.

I know it may seem I went backwards from my post yesterday but I want to write yesterday's first simply because of the importance it showed in controlling the tongue. This starts off with how we shall extol the LORD and that includes His praise constantly being on our lips. We cannot speak evil or have lies on our lips and claim to have His praise coming forth as well. Of course in the next line we see it goes even deeper than that! Our entire soul must boast of His greatness. It's as though there is such a pure joy within our souls that the mere appearance of it will boast of His mighty power and holiness. These two things most definitely glorify his name and that is the greatest goal there is - to constantly glorify Him and exalt His name!

When we concentrate on our fears and discouragements and insecurities it is often quite obvious what is going on within our hearts and our souls. We are downcast and preoccupied. We are hardly going to be considered radiant. But when we look to Him, the One and Only, the All in All, the King of Kings it is then that we are delivered from all these things. It is in the light of His holiness, His love, His grace, His mercies, His mighty power that we never have the need for shame, nor discouragement, nor despair. It is in the light of all that He is that we truly become radiant. Oh, that we would not lean upon our own understanding but rather seek Him. Surely He will answer.

I will be trying to do one of these a day, as I am going to be meditating upon them throughout the day. Yesterday was a much better day as I chewed on the reality of the verses I posted. I hope you will do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home