2.13.2008

Journaling

I was going through some things yesterday and today and found stacks and stacks of various journals I have kept over the past seven years. I used to journal all the time. I am quite sure that anyone reading through those particular journals early on would be able to tell pretty much every thought I had during the day/week. I was very thorough and it was incredibly theraputic for me to write it all down. After my son was born I journaled a lot less but still continued to do it. After my daughter it really slowed down. I don't think I've written a word in a journal since 2006! I am going to start doing this again. It is very good for me to do it and I look forward to my kids being able to read them some day and see what I struggled with, what encouraged me, what was happening, etc. Hopefully they will have that desire to know me and I pray that it will in turn encourage them in their own struggles that they are surely going to encounter. I was rather shocked at the amount of journals my thoughts have filled and it may be more practical now a days to just type them out but there is something about putting pen to paper and having it be between me and God that makes it much different for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home