2.06.2008

Thoughts on Motherhood

We were blessed with the birth of our third child in late October. Before she was born I felt rather exhausted trying to take care of our other two children and being a wife as well as growing this incredible new life inside of me. Since she has arrived I have fell absolutely in love with the role God has put me in once again. I love being a mom. That is the only job description I ever desire to have. I do not long to go to college and get my degree. I do not dream about what it will be like when my kids go off to kindergarten. I am not rushing them along to the age where I might be able to get some me time again. To tell you the truth, even though there are times when I'd like a little more space between me and them, I always want to be with them. I love my family and I treasure every single moment that we have together. The only thing I do desire is to have that quiet time that is absolutely vital to a healthy spiritual life. It is hard to find stillness in the midst of a three month old, a two and a half year old, and an almost five year old constantly needing you for something. I know it is a task that I am called to and I allow my thoughts and my prayers to be briefly interrupted to focus on what they are saying, doing, wanting, or needing.

My intention is for this blog to become a source of encouragement for mothers and of course I want it to continue to be of spiritual encouragment for anyone who happens to find their way here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home