7.17.2006

Is Christ your Savior...or your Helper?

In church yesterday something hit me that hadn't before. I am guilty of frequently asking God to "help" me with things. I ask Him to "help" me do the right thing, to "help" me grow in my faith, etc. Without meaning to, I know realize, that I was implying that I have some part in doing these things. In reality, I have no part in them. Christ is not my helper, He is my Savior. I know I must be completely consumed by Him to do anything good or anything with a pure heart. If any of me is involved, even minimally, it is undoubtedly tainted by sin. Oh, how hard it is to completely change my view and not give into my first instinct of asking Him to "help" me. I must completely and totally submit to the power of the Holy Spirit in order to have the holiness and pureness that He desires in me. I know many people do this, and probably unknowingly, but once your eyes are opened you are accountable to what you have attained. Let there be no looking back, true repentance, and no pleading of ignorance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home