7.25.2006

My Biggest Weakness...

has always been finding balance. I'm sure I've mentioned that more than a few times in this blog, but it is something I struggle with constantly. God is surely showing me much grace in this area, and I am slowly learning what it is that He wants of me. Though I find it hard to set aside time to cook and clean and go to the store instead of playing and giving my undivided attention to my children, I know that I must. It is just as important for them to see me being a wife to their daddy as it is for them to see me as someone who loves and cares for them. Of course, everything I do is done not for the sake of wanting acknowledgment but simply because of what has been shown to me and how I long to serve those around me. With this new look on things, it is becoming clearer and easier to do what the Holy Spirit has been prompting me to do for quite some time. Now if only I could actually cook more than a handful of things...it is not the prime time to learn a new trade when watching after two very young children! Though my menu might be limited for a while I am glad that my husband appreciates this attempt to offer him a clean house(minus the toys that are inevitably strewn about in the few minutes before he walks through the door) and a home-cooked meal when he walks in the door. Oh, how I have wanted this home to be a refuge for him, a safe place away from the rest of the world! May it become just that, through God's truly amazing grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home