7.17.2006

Some Gave All Tribute

On May 13, 2005 our daughter entered this world. On that same day a 28 year old was giving his life for this country. His name was Travis W. Anderson. He had a difficult time in school and found himself in trouble on more than one occassion. Shortly before he left for Iraq he told his sister that he was tired of being a "screw-up" and wanted to do the right thing. He was killed when a car filled with explosives slipped past a checkpoint in Beiji, Iraq. Though I know nothing of his spiritual well being I pray that he became a Christian before dying. Whether he did or not, though, I thank him for giving his life for this country and for giving our daughter a better life because of the sacrifice that was made.




2 Comments:

Blogger Hains Home said...

Hi Monica,
I don't know where to start. I knew Travis for a few years before he left for Iraq. He was one of my closest and dearest friends. For a few years, he is what made my life go round. He was one of the most loyal and compassionate people I have ever known. The Army saved his life. He gave up both drugs and alcohol to join. For the first time in his life he was truly happy. Knowing this keeps me going.

Travis was a great person and I believe he was saved before he died. In our local newspaper right after his funeral there was an editorial that said that there is a special place in heaven for heroes like him.

Your daughter is truly a miracle. And it is wonderful to know that something wonderful can come on the hardest day of my life. Treasure her every day.

With all of God's love,
Molly

February 11, 2008 12:55 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Molly, I am so sorry for your loss. I know it must hurt so terribly to lose someone who obviously meant so much to you. I am so thankful for the sacrifice Travis made and I am so happy that you shared a little bit more about him. I posted what I could find at the time of my posting this, but it means so much to have someone who actually knew him respond. Thank you for stopping by and even more for this beautiful comment.

February 11, 2008 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home