2.21.2008

Proverbs 10:8-9

The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin.
The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.

The first part of this couldn't help but make me think of my children. When they accept my commands and do as I say (usually in order to keep them safe) they are much better off than when they try to argue with me or try to tell me why it is okay to do what they want to do. We do that too, don't we? When we accept what God says we are so much better off than when we try to plead with Him as to why our way is better. It truly is the wiser thing to just listen. When we know the person in authority (God) is perfect, why do we argue?

If we desire a path that is secure, a path that is safe, we will listen to Him. It may not be the easiest path nor may it be the quickest but it is secure. If we desire something else, something of this world, the quick fix, it may seem like things are going well but in the end it will all come crashing down.

It is amazing to me, how the Bible really is the Living Word of a Living God! It speaks new things to me every time I gaze upon its print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home