4.30.2006

What a little blessing!

And in a big way! Yesterday we were taking a family walk with our three year old riding his tricycle along with us when we ran into a couple that my husband knows from work. It was such a blessing for us to see our three year old start talking to them by first speaking of the hill he had just rode down and then immediately going into "God loves us" and "God made everything" and that He loves everyone as well as "my great grandma is in Heaven and my other papa is in heaven too" and to follow it up with "When God takes us to Heaven then we'll be able to see Him!". To listen to the joy and wonder in his voice as he spoke of these things (with absolutely no prompting by the way) was such a blessing. It was a great encouragement as well. At times I feel I am talking over him because I refuse to talk down to him when he asks me questions about God and Jesus and the Bible. I do not want to make something up that I think he'll be able to understand and figure I can fix it later because when the time comes to fix it I would then have to explain why I didn't tell him the whole truth to begin with so I am determined to tell him the whole truth, and it seems he is grasping more than I was aware. Oh what a blessing it was to see him talk like that and so freely! I just had to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home