4.28.2006

Finding Time

In the day to day business of raising two children and keeping a home, I have found it is not easy to keep a quiet time or to devote all of yourself to reading and studying the Word as I would like to do. In seeking to find time God is showing me that I need to change the way in which I learn and instead of sitting for hours with concordance and notepad and taking notes and going through the Scriptures (which I have no time for anymore and when I do I am constantly interrupted) I must learn to find time to put His word into my heart every day. By understanding this I am just starting a new method of writing down passages on notecards and whenever I have a few moments to spare to meditate on those verses.
Here are today's:
Romans 8:15-22
So you should not be like cowering, fearful slaves. You should behave instead like God's very own children, adopted into his family - calling him "Abba, Father." For his Holy Spirit speaks to us deep in our hearts and tells us that we are God's children. And since we are his children, we will share his treasures - for everything God gives to his Son, Christ, is ours, too. But if we are to share his glory we must also share his suffering.
Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will give us later. For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. Against its will, everything on earth was subjected to God's curse. All creation anticipates the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay. For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

There is definitely enough in those verses to keep me filled with gratitude, reflection, understanding, and prayer. Oh how thankful I am that when I cry out to Him, He hears me! Oh how thankful I am for the encouragement He gives! There is no excuse not to be in His word, there is always a way - and if we seek Him His will shall be made known to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home