12.07.2005

Rest

Since everything in my life relates back to two things this is going to be a combination of them both. Those two things are God and my family. Our two children are sick. Not drastically ill but sick enough to make them miserable. Both of them have decided that whenever they get sick they will resist sleep as much as possible. Instead of getting more rest so their bodies can fight off what ails them they make it worse. Lately I have been somewhat spiritually sick as I alluded to in my most recent post. It is hitting me now that I did the same thing my children are doing now. Oh how I must have frustrated God just as it frustrates me with my own kids! When we are spiritually sick we need to rest. We need to stop being everything to everyone that is not necessary and spend time reading and praying and fully seeking Him. It is great to serve others but it takes much longer to heal when we do not rest in Him. When I was going through this time of drought I was taking meals to others, trying to help others in every way and in doing so I fooled myself into thinking God would be happy with this even if I wasn't taking the time I needed to just sit at His feet amd listen. I no longer can make excuses as to why I don't have time. I must make time to rest and get the strength I need to continue serving others but in a way that truly glorifies and pleases Him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Ritchie said...

Stopping by to say hi. Sounds like it's been a rough couple of weeks (sick kid's and all).

I'll be praying for you and your family. I remember how exhausting having a newborn can be. Heck, I know how exhausting have a 3 year old can be.

God bless. -- Josh

December 21, 2005 11:49 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Thanks for stopping by Josh - I thought for sure no one even checked in on this blog after being abandoned for so long! The kids are still sick but on the mend I hope.

December 23, 2005 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home