6.20.2005

Brief Update

In the past few days since my mom left (she was here for eleven days) I have felt more than a little overwhelmed. I have struggled to find a balance in my life that allows me to be a good mom to each of my two kids, a good wife to my husband, keep the house up, attempt to cook, and continue to grow in my spiritual walk. It got to where I literally thought it was impossible to do these things every day! I have admittedly made little time for reading Scripture in the last month under the guise of needing to care for my children and not having enough time. A few nights ago I was given a few hours of quiet and was able to write in my prayer journal for the first time in two weeks. I also opened my Bible looking for encouragement. God, in His faithfulness, provided just that and brought me to my knees in shame. I was making it about me rather than making it about glorifying Him! I was ashamed to think of how I had failed to seek out the only one who could make my seemingly impossible tasks possible! As I opened my Bible I was led to parts where blind men see and lame men walk and somehow I knew I was grossly underestimating God! Of course He could give me the strength and the patience to be who He intends me to be! I am just thankful I have a wonderful husband who can put up with me when I start to get overwhelmed and I can always count on him not to flatter me or justify my feelings but to really build me up biblically!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris P. said...

Monica,
Read 2 Chron 20: 5-12, Jehoshaphat understood. You are His and His name is on you. He will not let His work fall to the wayside, for His own namesake. You are a good and faithful sister. Hang in there!
Phillipians 3:12-16

June 21, 2005 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home