3.12.2008

Not what I expected...

After a week of trying to connect with the woman from MOPS that I mentioned earlier, she showed up at our door today. I invited her in and started to make conversation. Not much time had passed when it came up that she had a disability. A disability? Really? I honestly had not noticed. I inquired as to what it was while trying not to sound overly nosey. She told me she had Cerebral palsy. I was rather shocked. Knowing it now, I see the limp and see a few things but it had completely went unnoticed on my part until that moment. Perhaps I should've seen the signs that she had a learning disability and had trouble understanding and processing things but to me she was just a woman whom I felt God was putting it on my heart to befriend. I am ashamed to say that I was a bit upset that she did not call before stopping by and she did not appear to have much consideration for my time the days we had tried but failed to get together in this past week. Conviction is upon my heart that I might not always know the entire story and I'm obviously not the only person that matters. I am going to try very hard to make myself "available" even when not conveniently so to her and to other people as well. Maybe God isn't calling me to have an indepth Bible study with her but rather just to talk to her, invite her into our lives, be her friend, and all the while sharing Christ with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home