3.19.2008

Mastitis, MOPS, and Rebellion

I am again dealing with the horrible symptoms of a plugged duct and the onset of mastitis. Thankfully I have been able to keep it at bay thus far and hopefully will not have a need for antibiotics. I went to MOPS yesterday while sick if only to get a break from my two older children. It was our tea and testimony. The stories shared were truly inspirational and I am very glad that I went. Unfortunately, upon arriving home, my children got set in front of the TV for most of the day and I laid in bed for about six hours before being able to stand up without feeling like I was going to fall immediately to the floor! That brings me to the rebellion part of this post. Perhaps it is just because I am not feeling well, have a headache, and would like to just curl up under the covers once again but I am really starting to wonder why my children have such a hard time picking up after themselves. They can destroy the main room in a matter of minutes but it takes them the better part of the day to actually pick it up, if they pick it up at all. I know that most of it is my fault, now I just need to figure out how to undo the damage. I'm starting to realize that teaching children responsibility takes a whole lot of effort. I'm also realizing it isn't something I'm up to doing while ill so there are toy strung about everywhere at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home