3.27.2005

I Heard You Cry

I heard you cry
in the privacy of your room;
behind the chambers of your heart
I saw a tear falling there.

I saw your pain
beneath that mask of illusions;
I shared in your anguish
as you tried to shine.

I laughed with you
when you held such joy;
an erruption of happiness
that moved your soul.

I saw you smile
in a way you never had
the day you came to me,
seeking my face tearfully.

I'm here with you now
picking you up
if ever you fall
and carrying you each day.

You feel my presence
and pray in silence
wishing you were a better witness
trying too hard to shine.

You already do, my child,
people see me in you
because I show them all
we've been through.

Dear child, your beauty is not
what you try to be
but the things in private,
that I alone have seen.

Monica
12/4/01 Edited 8/27/04

3 Comments:

Blogger Humble_Servant said...

If the Bible were being written today, that would be in the Psalms. Awesome!

March 27, 2005 11:20 PM  
Blogger Chris P. said...

Monica,
Very beautiful poem. I still feel that your work could be set to music. Good to have you back posting again.

March 28, 2005 6:52 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Thank you both for taking the time to read and comment on this ever so humble offering.

March 28, 2005 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home