3.27.2005

He is Risen!

What a marvelous day this Resurrection Sunday remembers! Oh, the hope that is in the fact that our Lord has been raised from the dead! As Paul said, without the resurrection our faith is useless and we are to be pitied above all men. Worthy is the lamb of God...worthy of honor and glory and power!

It amazes me how so many who claim to be in Christ can take the sacrifice that was made and the miracle of the Resurrection so lightly. I cannot begin to understand how a Christian can shy away from the subject of what has saved us from our sin and given us hope of life eternal! Yet, there are many who will go this entire weekend without ever mentioning what took place other than a short prayer before Easter dinner. May we take time not only this weekend, but every day to remember what has been done for us while we were still sinners and the love that has been shown to us through the sacrifice of God's only Son!

I am brought to tears every time I think of the price that was paid because of the sins I have committed. Oh, how unworthy I am of such a sacrifice! I fall to my knees knowing that He has accepted me not by my own merit but through the work of the Cross. This Resurrection Sunday I pray that every Christian is touched by His divine nature and His unfailing love and devotes themselves to becoming increasingly Christ-like daily as we are being made holy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home