2.27.2005

To be loved like that...

I have read through Song of Solomon before. I have earnestly sought out the intentions of God in marriage, and I am constantly learning new things through the Holy Spirit revealing things to me in God's Word. A few days ago, I read through this book again. Oh, I found myself thinking, to be loved like that! To have a love for each other that it cannot be contained, it cannot be quenched and there is no sign of being too busy, too tired, too irritated, etc. The thing that stands out to me the most is that this love is so pure, so genuine. It is not something that is forced nor said out of flattery. Oh, to have a love like that! I am again reminded that Christ is our husband and He has given us all of these things...oh we are loved like that!!! To think, He is as captivated with His bride as on the day we first became His! His love has never waned, though mine is so lacking at times. It then ocurred to me that He has said to me many times, I want you to love me like that. Oh the shame that came over me in that instant! I have prayed daily that God would mold me into a better wife, a better mother, a better servant. However, it is time I started devoting as much time, words, service, etc. to Him as I know He has for me. I have heard a lot about the 5 love languages lately: time, words, service, gifts, and touch. I see every single one of these layed out so beautifully in the Song of Solomon. It is such an honor to know that this book not only applies to our marriages here on earth but even moreso to our marriage to Christ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home