7.29.2009

Spiritual Hydration

It was incredible how I felt my soul calling out to God from the depths of my being even after so many months of being in a spiritual desert! There was one thing that changed everything for me.

Finding my true worth in Jesus Christ.

I was not brought up in a Christian home. I was never taught that my worth wasn't based on other people's feelings of me or things that were in this world. After I got saved, I knew that God loved me, He loved me enough to die for me. That was life changing in itself. However, my understanding ended there. I knew that He created me, I knew that He died for me, but still I did not put my worth in Him nor did it occur to me that is where it should lie. In my marriage I expected many things from my husband which were not fair to him. I expected him to fill that lack or worth that I felt. I tried to fill it with many things, all of which failed to satisfy what was an obvious need within me. In His grace, I was opened to the fact that my worth truly lies in Him. He didn't just create me out of obligation. He didn't just die for me because I had sinned. He desired me, even when I had stopped desiring Him. He wanted me to be with Him. He loves me more perfectly than anything or anyone else ever could. I had cut myself off the vine while in that spiritual desert and He graciously picked me back up and placed me back on the vine so that my little branch had worth and life again!

Upon understanding the worth that I have in God, I stopped doing things to get words of affirmation or approval from man. I started making it a priority to be in the Word, to be in prayer, to listen for His voice. It became something I longed for - just to simply be with my Creator and my Savior!

More to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home