6.12.2008

Tribute to a wonderful father

From the moment he was born
I saw the love you had for him.
In that first instant
that you became a father,
I have seen such a selfless love
come upon you.

You have enjoyed him thouroughly
Not taking one moment for granted
watching him develop
into a wonderful five year old boy.

Oh how that boy adores you,
I see it in his eyes.
The special things you do with him
are the delights of his life.
How blessed he is to have a father
who looks at him as you do.

From the moment she was born,
it was obvious
that your love had grown
it now enveloped two children.
Boy and girl,
they both call you dad
and I see how she has your heart
and you have a very special place in hers.

Though she is but three,
you are so important to her
and that will only grow
as time goes by.

Blessed again were we,
with child number three
and the squeals of delight
each time you play with her
speak volumes of what you are
to that little babe.

Thank you for being
submissive to our Creator
and in turn being
such a wonderful father.

Oh how thankful I am
to go on this journey with you.
Having you by my side,
makes me a better parent.
How thankful I am,
that they call you
dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Austin said...

Wow, I don't know what to say. Thank you, thank you, thank you for those touching words. However, none of this would be possible without our kids having the best mother in the world!
I love you!

June 12, 2008 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home