7.28.2009

Spiritually Dry

It is a bit hard for me to admit this, but for many many months I found myself in the midst of a spiritual drought. I was not praying more than little five minute prayers. I was in the Word sporadically and it was not something that was life changing to me. I was getting depressed and frustrated with everyone and everything. I often would wonder why, when I needed it most, did the Scripture I knew not come into my head/heart and help me. I often would wonder why, when I try so hard, was I not seemingly bearing the fruit of the Spirit. I found myself tearing down with my tongue rather than building up and it bothered me immensely. After months of this dry spell and not putting two and two together, I was invited to a study on the book "The Power of a Positive Mom" by a woman I had only met on a few occassions. I entered into it rather skeptically and more or less just wanted some adult conversation. A few chapters in, I started to realize how dry I really was. I started to drink in the living water that is offered to us, and I couldn't stop. I found myself needing it more and more. I guess that is what happens when you are that dehydrated! Many things had taken place in our lives since the beginning of the year that should have sent me running to God, but instead, I tried so hard to do it on my own - failing miserably. There will be many more posts to come about what has happened and is currently happening on this journey and how God has changed me. He could have destroyed me in the state I was in, but rather He showed me gracefully and gently and led me in the Way. How thankful I am for His holiness and for His compassion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home